Advertising Copy Writer / News Reporter
At 102.9 CHTM in Thompson, Manitoba, we have an opening for an advertising copy writer / news reporter.
Confused? Don’t be.
We’re looking for someone who is a new graduate of broadcast school or a media program at a college or university. You may have your diploma in hand but might not be 100 per cent sure of which of these directions you want to take. We can help you.
Here’s your opportunity to try your hand at both. Depending on your skills and level of interest you could find your true passion in your career path.
After all, you don’t want to waste the time and money you spent on school only to live in your parents’ basement.
Here’s what we’re looking for. A person who:
· is creative, innovative and curious
· has impressive organizational skills and an eye to details
· can juggle and meet numerous deadlines and thrives in a busy environment
· can work co-operatively with a variety of people
· is experienced and competent with computers
· writing radio ads for local businesses and organizations
· writing promotional and imaging material for the radio station
· maintaining current and comprehensive computer files for all clients
· going on client calls as arranged by the sales consultants
· attending and helping out at station events as requested by management
· to cover meetings and community events and generate local news stories
· reach out to local, provincial and national organizations to source out potential interviews, coordinate those interviews and develop interview questions
· conduct and / or edit interviews upon completion and post to our website.
Previous radio experience or broadcast school training at a minimum is necessary.
Forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2021.
We appreciate the interest expressed by all who apply, but only the candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.