Afternoon Drive Announcer
Acadia Broadcasting is a growing media company with radio stations in Ontario and across Atlantic Canada. Along with a focus on informing and entertaining the markets we serve; we also provide dynamic marketing solutions to local businesses through a combination of radio reach and digital solutions.
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for an Afternoon Drive Announcer to join our team at CKDR in Dryden, Ontario. We’re not looking for just another announcer - we’re looking for the market’s next big thing – as our listeners are engaging, loyal and critically important to us. If you are a person with personality, not a ‘personality’, are fun, creative, upbeat, and hard working? We want to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Producing and operating the daily Afternoon Drive show.
• Working collaboratively in creating and producing content for your show.
• Bringing your on-air show online through digital content on the station’s website and social media
• Connecting with the local community through appearances at promotions, remotes, and events.
• Lending your voice talent for commercials, imaging and other programming duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with creating content for social media and the web.
• A storyteller who can create locally focused and creative content.
• Someone who loves getting out and connecting with the community.
• Someone who brings a positive energy, enthusiasm, and great attitude.
• Strong editing and technical skills.
• Knowledge and experience of industry software such as Wide Orbit and Music Master would be
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
As a member of Acadia Broadcasting, you will have access to:
• A comprehensive compensation package including an annual incentive program.
• Full health and dental coverage options.
• Life insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Coverage.
• Access to additional optional benefits including additional Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment.
• A company matched retirement savings plan.
• Championing our employees’ health and wellbeing is important to us, so we also offer a Fitness Reimbursement Program, and access for your immediate family in our excellent Employee and Family Assistance Program.
We strive to be the best radio station and employer in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. Now we want to hear from you! If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume, cover letter and links to your demos.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.