Afternoon Drive – Castlegar, British Columbia
Come live, work and play in the beautiful West Kootenay!
Castlegar is the second largest city in the region and is nestled in the Selkirk Mountains at the confluence of the Columbia and Kootenay rivers. Make your mark at the LEGENDARY, 99.3 The Goat! This is a heritage station in the market with deep roots in our company and community. Are you ready to be the newest member of our GOAT HERD?
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 250 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
· Host an interactive and engaging afternoon show from 2pm to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
· Be a major player in the fabric of our community.
· Make promotional appearances, as required.
· Committing to professional development with regular air checks.
· Contribute to station social media pages and websites when required.
· Assist with sales/programming by collaborating on creative promotions where appropriate.
· Liaise with clients and be an ambassador for our 99.3 The Goat in Castlegar.
· Voice tracking additional shifts for other dayparts or stations as required.
· Manage scripts and requests to record commercial and promo voice-overs as required.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Minimum 1 years of radio broadcasting experience.
· Working knowledge of Adobe Audition.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Solid audio editing and communication skills.
· Strong understanding of communicating to an audience on multiple platforms.
· Ability to relate to our local target audience.
· Strong teamwork and collaboration.
· Ability to take direction and coaching from leaders &colleagues.
· A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· Goal oriented and self-motivated with a high level of initiative to grow personally and professionally.
Please include a MP3 demo or a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo to the additional documents section of the application form.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals