Job Title: Announcer, 99.5 Bounce Radio, Afternoon Drive, Bell Media
Req Id: 330712
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Posting Date: October 7, 2021
Closing Date: 0ctober 18, 2021
Position: Announcer – 99.5 Bounce Radio, Afternoon Drive
Location: Bell Media Radio -- Kitchener, Ontario
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Full-time – 37.5 Hours / Week, On-Air Monday – Friday 2pm to 7pm plus prep time. Weekend work may be required. Hours subject to change based on operational requirements
Is your music collection filled with vinyl, cassettes, CDs and digital downloads? Can you quote lines from Star Wars, The Breakfast Club, Forrest Gump and The Matrix? And lastly, does making radio that’s live, local and filled with the music you just can’t quit sound like the best thing ever? If so, this might be the perfect job for you!
• Prepare and execute a tight & focused Afternoon Drive show on 99.5 Bounce Radio
• Voice commercials (radio & TV) and promos daily
• Attend functions, participate in station promotions and make live appearances on behalf of the station, as required
• Create original content on social media, and help grow the station’s social following
• Voice track other shows (in-market and out-of-market) when necessary
• Assist the Regional Program Director (music meetings, scheduling, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
• Education in broadcasting and/or a minimum of 3-5 years on-air experience
• Must be able to relate to, connect with and engage a A35-54 Variety Hits audience
• Working knowledge of MusicMaster, Wide Orbit Automation and VoxPro a definite asset
• Be visible; there’s lots to do in Kitchener-Waterloo & we need someone who is in touch with our local community, willing to meet every listener and able to host on-site promotions
• Be socially-savvy and connect with listeners on all platforms; strong skills generating original content both on-air and across all digital platforms
• Strong understanding of, and passion for the Variety Hits format and lifestyle; well-versed in all areas of pop culture and music, from the 1970s to today
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• You must be a team player who is positive and friendly both on the air and in the workplace. Must demonstrate ability to organize materials, meet deadlines, and work accurately
• Valid G Class Driver’s license and a good driving record
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Waterloo || Canada : Ontario : Kitchener || Canada : Ontario : Waterloo Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site) Application Deadline: 10/18/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly
or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com
Created: Canada, ON, Kitchener
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.