Afternoon Drive Host
Acadia Broadcasting is a growing media company with radio stations in Ontario and across Atlantic Canada. We are focused on informing and entertaining the markets we serve through local talent and news. We are also driven to provide cutting edge marketing solutions to our local businesses through the power of our radio reach, partnered with digital mediums.
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for an Afternoon Drive Host to join our team at Y95.5 CJLS in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. We’re not looking for just another announcer - we’re looking for the market’s next big thing – as our listeners are engaging, loyal and critically important to us. If you are a person with personality, not a ‘personality’, are fun, creative, upbeat, and hard working? We want to hear from you!
Here’s what we are looking for:
• An energetic talent who can actively engage listeners.
• A talent that understands the importance of social media and can connect to our audience.
• Someone who is a leader on the air, a leader in the halls, and a master of prep.
• Someone who understands that using a prep service is not show prep.
• A team member that is willing to be as busy on the air, as they are off.
Here’s what you will be responsible for:
• Producing and operating a show daily.
• Bringing your on-air show online through digital content on the station’s website.
• Working collaboratively in creating and producing engaging content.
• Appearances for station promotions and events.
• Additional voice tracking or remotes as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 2-5 years on-air experience.
• Natural, engaging, and personable on the air, on the phone, on the street and in the hallway.
• Excellent storytelling skills and strong social media skills.
• Understands that taking direction is the key to growth.
• Strong editing and technical skills.
• Understands what being engaged in community really means.
• Knowledge and experience of Wide Orbit and/or MusicMaster is an asset.
• Must hold a Valid Driver’s License.
We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. Now, it’s your turn to tell us about you, get our attention, and show you want to be part of our amazing culture in our building, and bring continued success.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume and include a link to your YouTube or SoundCloud account.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.