Afternoon Drive – Huntsville, ON
About the Job:
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 300 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and are committed to generating exceptional local radio.
Vista Radio has an immediate opening for an On Air Announcer Afternoon Drive based in Huntsville, Ontario.
• Reports to Regional Cluster Program Director Cottage Country
• Host an on-air shift
• Be a part of the community and make promotional appearances, as required
• Know how to be a story teller with creative, compelling content
• Attend regular air checks
• Maintain station social media pages and websites
• Be keen with social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
• Liaise with clients as necessary
• Help create and execute station promotions through our Loyalty Program
• All other duties as assigned by management
• Excellent On-Air skills
• Strong audio/editing and communication skills
• Strong social media skills a must. Knowledge of effective use of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and maintain a large social media audience
• Knowledge of Adobe Audition is required
• Experience with on-site broadcasts/remote and event set up
• Ability to relate to the local target audience
• Must enjoy a fast-paced work environment that is based on team & individual effort
• Valid driver’s license and reliable automobile
• High level of initiative/self-motivation, goal oriented
• A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach
Please attach an MP3 demo or include a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo with your application.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.