Position: (Full Time)
Afternoon Drive Host / Music Director
Reports to: Program Director
Location: Red Deer
Application Deadline: March 29, 2021
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
It’s been years since the X brand had an opening, so who’s interested? X100.7 – Red Deer’s Alternative is looking for an Afternoon Drive Host and Music Director.
If you’re feeling painted into a corner or squished into a box creatively, and you dream of a place to flex your locked away abilities, then this is a the gig for you.
If you love Alternative, and want to be a part of a team that helps guide the sound of the format, then this is the gig for you.
You’ll be expected to deliver a creative show daily, with no freebie breaks allowed, and you’ll be heading up the daily crafting of the station’s sound as its Music Drirector.
Still reading? Good.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Update and maintain music library.
· Reconcile, edit, and export daily logs.
· Keep relationships with record reps.
· Ensure station meets CanCon requirements.
· Prepare and deliver a daily afternoon drive show.
· Station appearances, remotes and events as required.
· Daily web content/social media updates to extend the life of your content and the station’s brand.
· Voice track when needed.
· Other duties as required by management.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of MusicMaster is a must.
· Any combo knowledge of Wide Orbit, Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere Pro, Futuri POST, RadioPromoHub, and SoCast would certainly be an asset. If no, then let’s hope you’re a quick learner.
· Must be self-motivated.
· Must understand responsible, effective use of social media.
· Dedicated to superior local show prep.
· 1-2 years on-air experience.
· An understanding of the format and its audience.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Must have a valid driver's license and provide a current drivers abstract.
Please send demo and resume to:
Christian Hall, VP Brands and Content & Program Director
Please put “Drive/MD” in your subject title.
Harvard Broadcasting Inc. values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity.