Position: (Full Time) Afternoon Drive Host / Music Director
Reports to: Program Director
Station(s) The Wolf
Application Deadline: May 29, 2020
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
When you think legendary Rock radio stations, KROQ and CFOX are world famous. On the prairies, The WOLF is just as famous. Listeners chant our name at concerts and events, and total strangers will come up to us on-location to give us a big wolf howl. Would you like to be part of a legendary, larger-than-life radio station; sculpting of the sound of rock radio in Regina while engaging and entertaining the target audience, Men 19-49?
Straight up – this is not an entry level position. The perfect candidate will need to be passionate about music, live for social media, treat bands like celebrities when they drop in to visit, and be a brand ambassador on stage or in front of listeners. This person also needs to be extremely self-motivated, detail oriented and efficient with their time.
If you have an interest in programming and want to take the next step in your career, then this is the opportunity you’vebeen waiting for.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Update and maintain music library.
• Reconcile, edit, and export daily logs.
• Keep relationships with record reps.
• Draft weekly music reports.
• Ensure station meets CanCon requirements.
• Prepare and deliver a daily afternoon drive show.
• Station appearances, remotes and events as required.
• Daily web content/social media updates.
• Voice track when needed.
• Other duties as required by management.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of MusicMaster is a must. Knowledge of Wide Orbit, Adobe Audition and Adobe Premiere Pro is an asset.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must understand responsible, effective use of social media.
• Dedicated to superior local show prep.
• Creative and thinks outside the box.
• 5 years on-air experience.
• Engage our audience.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Must have a valid driver's license and provide a current drivers abstract.
Please send demo and resume to:
Darren Robson, Program Director
Harvard Broadcasting Regina
104.9 The Wolf
Please put “Afternoon Rockstar” in your subject title.
Harvard Broadcasting Inc. values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity