Afternoon News Anchor (Temporary Contract) – Ottawa, ON
Evanov Communications has an exciting opportunity for an individual that is looking for an energetic journalist to work in our Ottawa newsroom on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to: newscasting on various ECI Ottawa area stations.
THE TEAM – Join the family
- Evanov Communications is committed to being the best Canadian independent radio broadcaster and communications company that delivers exceptional results to its employees, listeners, clients, and community.
- We use our social platforms to connect clients with consumers by creating award winning productions, unique on air and online campaigns, and offer high quality programming to our audience. Our radio stations play the BEST music with stations catered to top 40, country, easy listening, multilingual and more!
- With daily content, innovative promotions, and growth within the digital space – Evanov Communications offers consumers 16 unique experiences as we work closely with our clients to help explore, elevate, and execute, one-of-a-kind campaigns.
- We are looking for an individual who possess the same core values that we believe in: teamwork, commitment, innovation, accountability, integrity, belonging, We LOVE people who LOVE music and pop trends.
THE ENERGY – Bring your vibe
- A diploma or degree in journalism from an accredited post-secondary institution
- A minimum of 3 years on-air experience
- Exceptional news judgement
- An ability to write clear and concise news stories for on-air and online presentation
- A strong on-air sound
- A strong work ethic
- A valid driver’s licence
- Bilingualism is an asset
THE PERKS – We value you
- Competitive Compensation Package including commission, bonuses + benefits
- Merchandise, access to concerts + events
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and demos directly to Ted Silver, Program Director, at email@example.com
Evanov Communications is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department upon application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, but only candidates that meet the minimum qualifications will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.