Come work in the land of the midnight sun! Known as “The Wilderness City,” Whitehorse is a dynamic small city that’s a dream for outdoor enthusiasts. With the Yukon River running right through town and over 700 kilometres of trails, the Whitehorse area is an ideal destination for mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, hiking – you name it.
The city itself has a vibrant arts culture, a burgeoning culinary scene, and colourful festivals in every season. As a capital city that has hosted the Canada Winter Games and international sport events, Whitehorse also has some world class indoor and outdoor recreational facilities.
Tempted to get in on the compelling career opportunities the North has to offer? Do it in Whitehorse, where Vancouver is less than a 2 ½-hour flight.
We know that if unless you’ve been here, Whitehorse can seem like a bit of a mystery. Here are a few links to check out for a glimpse of Yukon life: the Yukon Whitehorse hiking here paddling here the arts scene here
And now for the job... The Yukon’s #1 radio station is hiring a fulltime News Announcer/Reporter to join their award-winning newsroom.
Reporting directly to the General Manager and working collaboratively with the station team, as News Announcer/Reporter you will:
• research, gather and prepare local and national news stories
• edit voice clips in digital format
• build newscasts using Burli software • daily deliver live news and sports • cover the municipal and territorial governments, and territorial courts
Qualifications: • A degree/diploma in Radio Broadcasting/Journalism/Media and, 2-3 years related experience
• experience with Burli software required
• ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• ability to work under pressure, handle associated stress and react quickly
• excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• valid driver’s license CKRW The Rush 96.1 FM offers a benefits package for permanent employees, which includes major medical, dental and vision.
This position closes October 9, 2020. Please submit your cover letter, resume and demo via email to:
Subject Line: News Announcer/Reporter firstname.lastname@example.org