Anchor - CTV News
Do you want to join a team of trailblazers defining a new kind of news storytelling?
We are creating digital news for a new generation of news junkies. Bringing them news where they want it, when they want it, how they want it. Where creativity meets technology right in your hands. Highly crafted, highly produced, it’s news that matters… in quick digestible bites.
It’s smart, engaging, innovative and bold.
CTV News is looking for a news anchor to be the face of this brand new digital platform. The successful candidate has impeccable presentation skills, strong writing skills and the highest journalistic standards. You are the kind of journalist with fresh ideas and excellent news judgement. You enjoy collaborating with a team on stories that matter and how to tell them.
What You’ll Do:
· Present the news on a brand new mobile platform
· Interview sources
· Write compelling stories.
· Generate original story ideas and see them through
· Meet deadlines
· Collaborate with managing editor, producers and writers on innovative treatments
· Other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
· 3+ years experience in a newsroom or the equivalent working as a reporter or news presenter
· Strong storytelling skills
· Demonstrated ability to stay calm under pressure
· Possess strong news and editorial judgment along with a proven ability to use sound, graphics and pictures to help tell the story
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
· Ability to deal with multiple demands and pressures of on-air deadlines
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Willingness to work overtime and overnights, during special events and breaking news situations as needed
Please Apply Here: