Announcer, Afternoon - On-Air Talent
Edmonton, AB, Canada Req #690
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Our last drive guy got the call up to host in Calgary!
Are you the next bigger than life character set to rule Edmonton's afternoons?
Reporting to the Program Manager, you will be responsible for the Afternoon Drive Show on CISN Country 103.9!
What We Need From You:
· A minimum 3 years of on-air experience in commercial radio
· A great attitude that makes you a motivated team player
· The desire to get out of bed in the morning (or around noon) ready to win
· The kind of personality that is fun on the air and in the hallways
· Loads of talent, making you great with callers, able to read the day and finding interesting spins on the important stuff our listeners are talking about
· The chops to execute an entertaining radio show on a country station with a love and appreciation of the music
· Social Media Super Skills
Interested Applicants should also:
· Email their resume and an MP3 scope of a recent show to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Share examples of social media success
Please Apply Directly through Our Careers Page on www.Corusent.com And Reference Job Req # 690
Why Corus? Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.