Surge 105 Announcer
Do you love 90’s rock as much as we do? If your playlist is full of Foo Fighters, Tragically Hip, Pearl Jam and Green Day then you’re going to love this opportunity.
Acadia Broadcasting in Halifax is looking for an experienced announcer to help grow our audience at the new Surge 105. If you have a track record of creating highly engaging content for on-air and online, plus love to be out in front of people spreading the word about our new station, we should talk.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Producing and operating the daily Afternoon Drive show from 2:00PM to 6:00PM
• Working collaboratively in creating and producing content for your show
• Bringing your on-air show online through digital content on our website and on social media
• Connecting with the local community through appearances at promotions, remotes, and events
• Lending your voice talent for commercials, imaging and other station duties as needed
• Voice tracking for other Acadia stations
Here’s what we are looking for:
• A show focused on local that could only originate in Halifax that makes sense to target demo
• You don’t have to be funny, but the show should be fun
• Getting great callers on air and making the audience a part of the show
• Comfortable creating content that translates to digital and social
• You are constantly looking for ways to take your show out on the road, events to MC, be active in the community
• Team player and ready to put your hand up when help is needed
• Experience working with Wide Orbit, Music Master, Socast, Sparc would be an asset
• Must have a valid driver’s license
What you will receive:
Access to a compensation and benefits package which includes flexible health and dental coverage options, an annual Health Spending Account (HSA), life insurance coverage, and a company matched retirement savings plan. Championing our employees’ health and wellbeing is important to us, so we also offer a Fitness Reimbursement Program, and access for your immediate family in our excellent Employee and Family Assistance Program.
We strive to be the best radio station and employer in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence.
Now we want to hear from you! If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume and links to your demos.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.