Acadia Broadcasting Limited is a growing company with radio stations in Northwestern Ontario and Atlantic Canada. In each of our markets, our Company focuses on being the community’s local voice for entertainment, news, and events.
CKDR in Dryden, ON has an exciting full-time opportunity for you to join Acadia Broadcasting Limited’s team as an Announcer and Music Scheduler. We are looking for a dynamic, engaging performer to join our community driven team; someone who can deliver a creative, fun, local and entertaining show.
• Creating and producing an engaging show.
• Providing continuous prep and delivery of an informative and entertaining show.
• Build strong relationships within the community.
• Attend on-location broadcasts and public appearances as required.
• Voice-track and production as required.
• Research and program music suitable to our core demographic.
Here are a few other important skills we are looking for:
• Someone who is confident and comfortable, and a natural behind a microphone.
• Ability to actively engage listeners on the air, on social media and in the community.
• Excellent storytelling skills and strong social media skills.
• Able to provide compelling and engaging content on-air and on digital platforms.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Be hard working with a flexible schedule.
• Experience with Adobe Audition and MusicMaster would be an asset.
Requirements: A valid driver’s license, and experience with industry standard software.
If you have a passion for storytelling and are driven to become a part of the community, we would like to hear from you. We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here with a resume and include a link to your YouTube or SoundCloud account is possible.
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.