Assistant Controller (Winnipeg)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Do you enjoy working with numbers, juggling multiple priorities, and have a passion for excellence? Do you get personal satisfaction from streamlining processes and striving for continuous improvement? Are you a numbers guru who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and are you committed to your career in Accounting and Finance?
If you said yes, then this is the opportunity for you!
• Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
• Assists with the day-to-day control and updating of accounting records, systems and controls ensuring processes and procedures are efficient and reliable;
• Assists with overseeing and completing the revenue and cost accruals to ensure accuracy;
• Assists with ensuring all balance sheet and P&L accounts are balanced and reconciled to sub ledgers on a monthly basis;
• Assists the Controller in ensuring the month end, quarter end and yearly financial close process is completed and on schedule;
• Prepares departmental cost reports for department directors and follows up on variances to budget;
• Assists with planning the annual audit and preparing for and completing the annual audit with the external auditors;
• Assists with ensuring all regulatory filings and remittancesare accurately completed on time;
• Develops positive working relationships with all APTN departments and subsidiaries.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• A professional accounting designation or actively pursuing designation combined with proven related experience;
• Proficiency with accounting software, Internet, E-mail and other business related computer software;
• Knowledge with an Indigenous organization and culture is an asset.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Please apply before Friday, April 8, 2020.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment- all interviews will be held via teleconference.