Stingray Radio – Alberta
Assistant Program Director/On-Air – XL 103.1 Calgary
Stingray Radio has an immediate opening for an Assistant Program Director/On-Air position for XL 103 in Calgary, Alberta!
Not only will you get the opportunity to work for and help lead a great radio station, but you’ll also get to live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. With world class recreation facilities, home of the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth, and Banff and Lake Louise as your backyard, Calgary is a fantastic place to live and raise a family.
We’re looking for someone to help lead and assist the senior programming team to take this heritage brand to new heights. If you’re already in a PPM major market, or ready for one, then we would like to hear from you.
Your duties would include:
• Providing support to the Program Director as directed in all aspects of programming XL 103
• Hosting an on-air show
• Voice Tracking as required on Stingray Stations, locally or nationally
• Hosting paid remotes and unpaid public appearances as required
• Scheduling music, timing out music logs, and accurate programming log maintenance
• Assisting PD with talent development
• Working with promotions, sales, and other departments to ensure smooth programming operations
The successful candidate will have:
• A strong grasp of Music Scheduling and ability to work with digital operating systems such as MusicMaster and Wide Orbit.
• Ability to perform a highly entertaining and engaging on-air show that relates to the demo and market.
• Experience with social media platforms.
• Working knowledge of photo, video, and audio editing software.
• A strong desire to win and have fun.
• A valid driver’s license.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
1. Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
2. And then send your resume and on-air demo or link to demo to Jeff Murray, Program Director XL 103.1 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: December 30, 2022.
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent