Associate Producer (English Services) - VAN00889
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Vancouver
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
We are looking for an Associate Producer for our current affairs operation in Vancouver. The Associate Producer will be part of the radio production team working with producers and reporters to deliver highly crafted editorial material for local programs and all CBC B.C.’s content platforms. The successful candidate will have strong writing and desktop editing skills and news judgment and be able to work flexible shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
• Community connections and a deep understanding and appreciation of the diversity of perspective and opinion in Metro Vancouver.
• Familiarity and proven connections with Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, disabled, and other underrepresented communities in British Columbia and across Canada.
• Passionate about the Metro Vancouver area and B.C. - both stories and issues. Knowledge of diverse communities is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team, you may occasionally be leading your work group.
• Strong writing and editorial abilities.
• Ability to present on-air.
• Ability to work in a multi-platform environment.
• Strong and enthusiastic team player.
• Connected to the community.
• Curious, quick thinking, incisive and critical thinker.
• Innovative with programming ideas.
• Experience using social media to research, develop and source stories.
• Committed to serving and growing audiences.
• University degree or equivalent, with a minimum two years in a similar position.
Please include additional documentation or a link to your online demo or website, blog or video in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5fb8556913c384771d527501/55155cf112497d1f5916e365/en