Brand Associate - Calgary Radio Promotions (QR Calgary & Country 105)
3320 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T3E 0B4, Canada ● Calgary, AB, Canada Req #3199
Friday, June 23, 2023
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our culture and our people are what make us, US.
We have a passion to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Our award-winning culture is an expression of who we are, what we do, and how we thrive. Our values describe our culture in action. They outline how we achieve our goals, work together, engage with partners, and interact in our communities. At Corus, we Win Together, Think Beyond, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day and Show We Care.
Ready to join US?
Division: Calgary Radio (QR Calgary and Country 105) Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Calgary, AB (On-Site)
About the role:
Corus Calgary radio stations are looking for a full-time Brand Associate to join their Promotions and Public Relations team. Reporting to the Regional Promotions Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, executing, and managing station promotions, marketing efforts, and community events for our Calgary radio stations, while also providing leadership to the Promotions Coordinators and Street Team. This role will focus on QR Calgary, but will also provide support to Country 105, and on occasion assist 630 CHED in Edmonton.
You will contribute by:
• Participating in cross-functional teams to plan and execute all aspects of promotions, station events, and charitable/community partnerships for our Calgary radio stations.
• Implementing promotions/contests, writing promotional announcements, creating and scheduling social media content, informing talent of contest details, listener correspondence, and prize fulfillment.
• Building and reviewing promotional proposals through collaboration with promotions and radio programming teams.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Calgary Radio Promotions Department and ensuring the team is meeting deadlines.
• Participating in developing promotional assets including writing of station promos, liners, imaging for events, Social Networking, Listeners Club e-blasts, and website updates.
• Maintaining promotional inventory, station signage, equipment, supplies,
vehicles, and related documentation.
• Shared oversight of street team (including coaching, training, scheduling, onsite
coordination of events, setting up promotional activations or remote broadcasts, etc.).
• Working closely with leadership on station promotions and marketing initiatives to
create revenue generating opportunities specific to the News Talk format.
• Creating, managing, and executing promotional social media posts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with the guidance of the marketing/news teams.
• Attending brand specific meetings as the promotional lead and spearheading
local cluster proposals to ensure timelines are met and executed.
• Staying on top of the latest social trends to create content in a timely manner.
• Monitoring trends and adjustments in the market / industry to capitalize on
promotional or marketing opportunities.
• Respond in a timely manner to audiences when they have questions, inquiries, or
comments on our content or brand.
• Building and maintaining relationships with clients and community organizations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience you will bring:
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in radio promotions, marketing, or event planning.
• Experience planning and running marketing/promotional events.
• Creative thinker with great ideas and execution follow-through.
• Social media savvy and up to date on current marketing/ social media trends.
• A valid driver’s license with a clear driving record.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to lead junior colleagues or project teams.
• Client management skills.
• Tech savvy and able to learn new programs quickly. Proficient in Microsoft
Office, WordPress, email database systems, prizing software, etc.
• Post-secondary education related to broadcasting, promotions, or marketing
would be considered an asset.
• Graphic design and video editing skills would be an asset.
• The ability to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
• Ability to think on your feet, problem solve, and be resourceful.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team
• Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task under constant and varied
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A positive, friendly attitude, and customer service approach.
• Must have a flexible schedule - this role may occasionally involve working a
variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Application Deadline: July 3, 2023
Every day, we work hard to become an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that supports the well-being of our people and makes a positive difference in our communities. Want to learn more? Have a look at our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan and Sustainability Report for more information on our approach to People, Planet and Responsibility.
We want our workforce to reflect the full diversity of communities across Canada.
We are committed to providing an accessible experience for candidates of all abilities. Please let your recruiter or the hiring manager know if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or email us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.