Halifax, NS- Broadcast Engineer
MBS Radio (Maritime Broadcasting System) is a locally owned and operated group of 24 radio stations across the Maritimes. We are currently seeking a Broadcast Engineer to lead support, repair and maintenance services for the technical environment at our Maritime radio stations. This position requires a strong working knowledge of the end-to-end technology and processes associated with operating a radio station.
Applicants should have a strong mix of skills in IT and Broadcasting technologies. This position is based in Halifax and reports to the Director of Information Technology.
Specific areas of responsibilities will include:
• Troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of Radio AM and FM broadcast equipment, computers, and broadcast computer networks.
• Ensure asset database is maintained (new items added, disposed items removed)
• Ensure that our broadcast signal continues without interruption and complies with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED).
• Performs site selection/placement, tower height evaluation, antenna selection, output power levels and other details involved with the transmission and reception of FM and AM Broadcast.
• Configure and optimize multiple broadcast feed/receive appliances and circuits.
• Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for radio frequency, electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
• Create, amend and maintain comprehensive diagram and notes of electronic equipment, wiring and software.
• Document quality standards, system anomalies, and operational procedures.
• Run inspections, installation and tests for new systems and technical infrastructure for the stations.
• Utilizes engineering resources to create new tools to more efficiently carry out above mentioned tasks; includes hardware and software design, including propagation modeling tool.
• Communicates with members of the technical team to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
• Communicate with show producers to resolve any technical issues.
• Expertise with RF systems including maintenance of FM broadcast transmitters
• Experience repairing and troubleshooting broadcast studio equipment and systems. Knowledge of Axia IP audio systems and Wide Orbit automation also an asset. • Demonstrated knowledge of MS Windows Server and IP networking. Basic programming knowledge would be considered an asset. • Post-secondary education in Electronics and/or Computer Science, or equivalent experience. • Individual needs to be an excellent communicator (written and verbal), customer service focused, extremely detail oriented, and able to work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment. • Must be flexible, adaptable and able to prioritize multiple job demands. • Able to travel throughout the Maritime Provinces.
A compensation and benefits package will be commensurate with candidates' qualifications.
Please e-mail your resume specifying which position you are applying for in confidence to:
Re: Broadcast Engineer (Halifax), MBS553
No phone calls please, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Deadline for submissions June 30th, 2021
MBS Radio 90 Lovett Lake Court Halifax, Nova Scotia B3S 0H6
‘MBS Radio is an equal opportunity employer’