Announcer - CFOX 99.3 (Vancouver)
CFOX 99.3 is looking for a Casual Announcer to join their team, based out of Vancouver. Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate would host live on-air, provide technical/board operation support, and assist in creating content for on-air, online, and social media. The ideal candidate would be a dynamic broadcaster, social media expert, and relentless content generator. They should be plugged into music, pop culture, and the news of the day with their own perspective to bring that story to life during their show. This role involves regularly working weekends and may on occasion require working weekdays, early mornings, evenings, overnights, and holidays in order to backfill for other positions.
You will contribute by:
• Hosting live on-air and supporting technical production/board operation of a multi-hour entertaining, engaging, and interactive radio program.
• Voice-tracking assignments for local & remote Corus radio stations.
• Creating fun, interesting, and topical content.
• Researching and creating content (writing, booking, interviewing guests, etc) to attract and grow the target audience/listening share on-air and online.
• Ensuring compliance with all CBSC and CRTC license-related requirements on-air and online.
• Full compliance with the implementation of all requirements of the commercial logs.
• Managing social media initiatives for the program.
• Voicing commercials and radio promos as required.
Skills and experience you will bring:
• Previous on-air experience in a medium or major market would be an asset.
• Superior communication skills with the ability to be personable, dynamic, and connect with the target audience.
• Improvisational skills to effectively interact live with guests, co-hosts and listeners.
• Strong on-air presentation and ability to relate to and excite the audience by fluently using your words, the phone, and social media.
• A thorough understanding of how on-air and online content impacts ratings (PPM methodology).
• Self-motivated with a ton of ideas.
• Strong knowledge of social media on all relevant platforms.
• Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
• A fan of rock music.
• Application Deadline: July 3, 2023
• No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Every day, we work hard to become an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that supports the well-being of our people and makes a positive difference in our communities. Want to learn more? Have a look at our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan and Sustainability Report for more information on our approach to People, Planet and Responsibility.
We want our workforce to reflect the full diversity of communities across Canada.
We are committed to providing an accessible experience for candidates of all abilities. Please let your recruiter or the hiring manager know if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or email us in confidence at email@example.com.
How to Apply: If you're interested in this role, click here to apply: https://can231.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/corusent/Site/CORUS/Posting/View/12903