WHO are we?
Avenue A, established in 1993, is a full-service advertising agency in Owen Sound and
Grey Bruce counties. Our talented, award-winning team of professionals includes
experienced writers, producers, designers, and online marketing experts who take
great pride in the work we produce for our clients. (Read more about us: https://
WHAT are we looking for?
We are looking for a qualified Content Strategist to join us and help lead our Creative
Team. Is that you? A leader who would be responsible for creating, improving and
maintaining our client’s content, to achieve their business goals. To share content to
raise brand awareness, monitoring campaign results and metrics to identify best
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing
skills. As our Content Strategist and Creative Team Manager, you should perform well
under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content
optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you should
be able to oversee all of our client’s marketing content initiatives to ensure customer
engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
• Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
• Collaborate with your Creative Team to plan and develop site content, style and
• Create and produce engaging content
• Edit, proofread and improve Creative Team’s work
• Liaise with Creative Team to ensure brand consistency
• Use content management systems to analyze campaign effectiveness and
• Plan content distribution to traditional media, online channels and social media
platforms to increase web traffic
• Develop an objectives calendar to ensure all creative and production is completed
in a timely fashion,
• Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
• Stay up-to-date with client developments and generate new ideas to draw
• Excellent writing skills in English (BSc degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant
field is an asset)
• Proven work experience as a Creative or Content Manager
• Hands on experience with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite or other comparable design software
• Basic technical knowledge of web publishing, SEO, web traffic metrics and social
• Amazing organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail
Starting salary will be negotiated based on your experience and ability to fulfil the components of the position. We are very good at sharing profits with our team as we grow.
WHERE are we? The Avenue A office is in Springmount, just a couple of minutes from
Owen Sound, in the heart of the Grey Bruce region.
WHY you’ll love living here.
OMG! It’s absolutely beautiful in the Grey Bruce region. 20 minutes West of our office
you will find the sandy shores of Lake Huron. 10 minutes South-East is the Owen
Sound Harbour, which opens out into the sparkling waters of Georgian Bay. If you need
to air your head out for a few minutes, you can simply walk out the back door of our
office and head over to the Jones Falls trail.
All 4 seasons offer such an incredible quality of life for singles, couples, young families
and early retirees. Skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, skating or snowmobiling in the winter.
Walking, hiking, trail rides, camping, or fishing in the Spring and Fall. Summer on
our many beaches and waterways, or simply enjoying your garden and a backyard BBQ with
neighbours and friends. The area also has an active arts and entertainment scene with concerts, theatre, museums, festivals, and annual outdoor events.
This position will commence on August 1, 2021. It would be ideal if you could come
and join our team on a part time basis in late July, as you are settling into your new
small-town home-town. This is ideal for you, as it will enable you to make a smoother,
easier transition and be totally prepared for Fall Campaign season, prior to end of
DID THIS SPEAK TO YOU?
If this career move - lifestyle change - is exactly what you’ve been looking for, write me a
one pager and tell me why. Attach your resume and toss in a couple of your favourite
creative pieces that will tell me who you really are. Make sure you provide a mobile
number and let me know what time of day I will reach you. If I like what I see, I’ll call you to
chat and provide you an opportunity to meet our awesome team and we’ll see where it goes
from there. Email me before April 30, 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org