Controller – Ontario
As the Controller, you will be responsible for the administration, organization, and management of all financial activities performed by Dadan Sivunivut and all of its subsidiaries, while promoting a strategic and fiscally responsible environment.
Highlights of this opportunity:
· Manage and update accounting records, systems and controls ensuring processes and procedures are efficient, and reliable;
· Responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly financial closing process;
· Evaluate and prepare monthly reports and financial statements for Dadan and subsidiaries;
· Ensure timely invoice tracking and payments to vendors, contractors, and other parties;
· Ensure contractual obligations and payment terms are followed;
· Attend board meetings reporting on financial performance and activities. Provide strategic advice, insights, and guidance;
· Manage, coach, and provide ongoing support to financial accounting team;
· Ensure proper records are maintained and reconciled;
· Work in cooperation with President/CEO to ensure adhesion to strategic plan and meet yearly expectations as defined;
· Prepare schedules as required by the CFO for APTN’s consolidated audited and year-end financials of Dadan Sivunivut group of companies;
· Coordinate and support annual audit;
· May be responsible for human resource related functions such as payroll;
· Contribute to the development and implementation of long-term organizational strategic and business plans;
· Ensure the secure handling and storage of confidential information;
· Assist other team members; and carries out other duties as needed and assigned;
· Travel may be required.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
· A CPA designation (or equivalent) is required with minimum of 4 years proven experience;
· Knowledge and experience with accounting and payroll software is required;
· Knowledge and experience in tax filings and preparing and delivering monthly financial reports;
· Knowledge and experience in negotiating with banks and other financial institutions;
· Knowledge and experience working with an Indigenous organization and cultural perspectives is an asset;
· Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business-related computer software is required.
Your new opportunity awaits. Please apply before April 8, 2021 to: Danielle Perrault at firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is ideally located in Ontario but candidates from other regions will be considered as this position can be done remotely. Access to high-speed internet is necessary to accomplish the remote working arrangement.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note:During the current COVID-19 environment, all interviews will be held via MS teams or teleconference.