CREATIVE TEAM LEADER ~ OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO
The Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation is a locally owned and operated group of 9 radio stations across Cottage Country in Ontario. We are looking for a Creative Team Leader to join us in Owen Sound, Ontario.
The Creative Team Leader supports both the Creative and Production departments in all the Bayshore Broadcasting markets and is responsible for managing the flow of work through both departments, helping our Sales Team super-serve our Clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* To co-ordinate the three point system of the Creative Triangle, (being Sales, Copy and Production). The ultimate goal is to assure the quality and integrity of all commercials while ensuring that on-air product makes it through the system on time.
* To lead and motivate the Creative/Production team while fostering better communications and analysing functionality at all levels.
* To research, conceive and write effective broadcast scripts to deadline for advertisers and station promotions. This will involve daily interaction with the Creative Triangle, Clients (via telephone, email or in-person post-covid), promotions staff and the use of on-line/published research to develop advertising scripts that produce results.
* To select cart numbers and provide traffic instructions for all broadcast materials in a clear, concise and timely manner to the Traffic Department.
* To take full advantage of the “Theatre of the Mind” by utilising in-house sound-effects/music libraries and imaginative sound techniques and to provide the Producer with all elements required to complete the necessary production for each commercial or promo.
* To provide voicing for scripts as required.
* To provide to Sales, Creative and Production a knowledge base of all advertising rules, codes of conduct and legislative limitations.
* To act as a general liaison between Sales, Creative, Production and Programming/Promotions and to ensure that needs are being met in a timely manner.
* To identify areas requiring further training in Sales, Creative or Production so that each is on board with providing clients with the best advertising possible.
* To perform all administration duties for the Creative/Production department.
* Will know and promote the BBC Vision, Principles and Policies.
* Has a strong understanding of the power of Radio and the flow of information between Sales, Creative and Production. Has the ability to establish a strong relationship with all parts of the organization…. from initial client contact through to final production.
* Has an active and creative imagination balanced with problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
* Has an above average command of the English language
* Has ability to work calmly and professionally to deadlines in a high-pressure atmosphere.
* Is familiar and confident with Adobe Audition, Scott, CBSI, Sound Forge and Microsoft Word.
* The ideal candidate preferably has a minimum of 3 years Broadcast Writing experience and a sound knowledge of Radio Advertising.
* Has supervisory experience and is highly organized.
* To be a people person, self-confident and enjoyable to work with.
* To have earned a College diploma or University degree in Radio Broadcasting or Communications.
Please email your resume, script samples and cover letter of interest to:
Closing Date: July 3rd, 2020
The Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted - No phone calls please.