Creative Writer (Full Time) – Winnipeg, MB
Evanov Communications is looking for a Creative Writer to joinour Winnipeg team, representing our radio brands: primarilyCHWE Energy 106, CFJL Hot 100.5, and CKJS 92.7 in Winnipeg, Manitoba as well as the brands in Brantford, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating original concepts that result in effective and compelling communicationfor various clients and markets.
This role is for a dynamic, creative individual, that thrives under pressure and has the competitive spirit to be the best. We are looking for someone who can deliver thoughtful, creative messaging for our clients while maintaining the sound for our respective brands.
If you’re an innovative team player and ready to take some of the most well-known media brands in Canada to the next level, we want you on our team!
THE TEAM – Join the family
Evanov Communications is committed to being the best Canadian independent radio broadcaster and communications company that delivers exceptional results to its employees, listeners, clients, and community.
We are looking for an individual who possess the same core values that we believe in: teamwork, commitment, innovation, accountability, integrity, belonging, and We LOVE people who LOVE music and pop trends.
THE CREATION – What you’ll do (includes but not limited to)
- Interpreting briefs to produce original content that is memorable and highly effective
- Writing radio copy that complements wider marketing communication strategies
- Accurately prepare and schedule creative instructions in the WideOrbit Traffic system
- Reworking content based on feedback from stakeholders
- Liaising with various departments including sales, production, programming, traffic, and promotions
- Ensuring all copies are proofread and free of errors
- Using effective research strategies to establish a strategy for reaching the applicable target audience
- Communicating to customers and ensuring consistency in the brand voice
- Additional duties, as assigned
THE ENERGY – Bring your vibe
- Previous experience working in a creative writing/copy department within radio broadcasting an asset
- Excellent communication, writing, and research skills
- Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic strongly preferred
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team
- Exciting, creative ideas, tempered by a strong desire to meet client needs
- Openness to learning from others and taking direction
- Ability to balance the needs of sales and programming
THE PERKS – We value you
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefit package
- Merchandise, access to concerts + events
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three examples of written commercial copy and optionally an audio demo reel directly to Sheila Koenig, Creative Director, at email@example.com
Evanov Communications is an equal opportunity employercommitted to fostering inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department upon application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, but only candidates that meet the minimum qualifications will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.