MBS Creative Writer
Maritime Broadcasting System (MBS Radio) has an exciting and rare opportunity for a creative writer at our main creative hub in Kentville, NS. MBS Radio is a locally owned and operated group of 23 radio stations across the Maritimes. Kentville is located in the scenic Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia.
• Writing commercials, station promos and other programming elements.
• Writing for all MBS radio stations across the 3 Maritime Provinces.
• Collaborating with fellow creative, production and sales teams to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
• A minimum of 1 year of full-time commercial radio experience preferred.
• A positive attitude and strong problem-solving skills.
• Detail oriented and ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must meet deadlines.
• A clear understanding of why and how great creative commercial copy can be effective for our clients.
• A team player. We want to add to our great team of people.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of SDS is an asset.
• Familiarity with the Maritimes is an asset.
Send your resume and sample scripts to the following:
Quoting Job Posting: MBS Creative Writer
Closing Date: September 7, 2023
MBS Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
MBS Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted - No phone calls please.