Reference Number: 277973
Position: Digital News Lead
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary: Group 10 commensurate with education and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week – shift pattern may contain weekends, early mornings and evenings. Overtime as required.
· CTV News Edmonton is seeking an established Digital Leader who thrives on breaking news, in-depth journalism, and quality reporting to lead a local team of digital producers to the top spot in one of Canada’s largest and most exciting news markets.
· Lead the online production of articles and video; generate original stories and other content for all digital platforms.
· Channel newsroom resources to maximize digital output through articles, videos, and original content.
· Develop distribution strategy for breaking news and major events, including ctvnewsedmonton.ca and social media channels.
· Ensure the accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards of all material on the site (headlines, photos, captions, video, etc.)
· Copy editing stories for grammar and accuracy
· Work may include visualizations in infographics, maps, quizzes, timelines and data journalism
· Monitoring and publishing wires, with an eye to SEO, keywords and social sharing
· Managing multiple social media streams for news (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others) and when required, sending news alerts to mobile apps
· Other duties as assigned.
· The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in print and/or broadcast news with a focus on digital and direct experience leading digital staff.
· Excellent strategic knowledge of digital news, a self-starter who can lead digital growth and innovation with limited supervision and guidance.
· Excellent people skills with the ability to develop strong, positive relationships with colleagues and direct reports.
· Must have an excellent command of the English language, and an ability to write accurate and engaging headlines. Experience within the CTV News digital environment is an asset.
· Must be familiar with Canadian Press Style Guide and Canadian libel law.
· Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop and other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
· Familiarity with newsroom management systems (e.g. iNews, etc.) and video encoding/format transferring an asset.
· Knowledge of television production procedures, terminology and equipment capabilities. Knowledge of html code, and Polopoly an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Edmonton Application Deadline: 03/18/2021
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, AB, Edmonton