Posting Date: November 19th, 2020 Closing Date: November 27, 2020
Position: Disc Jockey/Announcer – 93.9 Virgin Radio (Swing Announcer)
Location: Bell Media Radio -- Windsor, Ontario
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: Full-time. Wednesday to Sunday with fluctuating hours depending on operational needs and on-air backfill. Weekend work may be required. Hours subject to change based on operational requirements.
Virgin Radio’s motto is LIVE OUT LOUD. If you are an expert on Top 40 music and pop culture, if you live on social media, are adventurous and love to try new things, this might be the perfect job for you! We will need you to backfill on some other stations too (including Pure Country), so you also need to be flexible and able to adapt to multiple formats.
· Prepare and execute a tight & focused weekend show on 93.9 Virgin Radio
· Voice commercials (radio & TV) and promos daily
· Attend functions, participate in station promotions and make live appearances on behalf of the station, as required.
· Create original content on social media, and help grow the station’s social following
· Voice track other shows (in-market on both Virgin Radio and Pure Country, and out-of-market) when necessary
· Assist the Music Department (music meetings, scheduling, etc.)
· Assist the Promotions and Digital Departments, as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Education in broadcasting and/or a minimum of 3-5 years on-air experience
· Must be able to relate to, connect with and engage a F18-34 Top 40 audience
· Working knowledge of MusicMaster, Wide Orbit Automation and VoxPro a definite asset
· Be visible; there’s lots to do in Windsor & we need someone who is in touch with our local community, willing to meet every listener and able to host on-site promotions
· Be socially-savvy and connect with listeners on all platforms; strong skills generating original content both on-air and across all digital platforms
· Strong understanding of, and passion for the Top 40 format and lifestyle; well-versed in all areas of pop culture
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· You must be a team player who is positive and friendly both on the air and in the workplace. Must demonstrate ability to organize materials, meet deadlines, and work accurately
· Valid G Class Driver’s license and a good driving record
Application Details: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with a current resume and audio demo, in confidence, to: email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.