At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Job Posting Details:
Position: Engineering Technician, Broadcast, Bell Media
Location: 10532 Alaska Rd, Fort St. John (British Columbia)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
With support from of the General Manager, you will:
• Provide support to Radio and TV stations with equipment maintenance and installation for Radio / TV station facilities
• Assist with facility upgrades including building and equipment requirements
• Testing and repair of analog and digital circuits, radio / TV transmitters and receivers
• Repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of satellite equipment
• Troubleshooting and repair systems related to radio / TV transmission or reception may be required to work in restricted or close quarters
• Flexibility with schedule required in response to emergency repair needs
• Travel within region required to assist with tower maintenance and/or station maintenance requirements within geographic region
• Post-secondary school graduate from recognized technical institute in broadcast electronics
• Preferred 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar or related position
• Knowledge of development and modification systems in broadcast industry
• Experience with Microsoft operating systems
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and/or frequently un-supervised
• Mature, calm and professional manner
• Takes initiative, is willing to learn and able to take instruction with ease
• A valid driver’s license (abstract required)
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Fort St. John
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 02/10/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’recommitted to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, BC, Fort St. John