My Radio 580 AM is Edmonton’s newest radio station. We are locally-owned, and focus on the ethnic communities in Edmonton and the surrounding areas. Our frequency coverage radius caters to the majority of the Alberta population, and we are now accepting applications for ethnic, on-air hosts. If you speak Mandarin, Ukrainian, Spanish, Italian or Arabic, and are interested in an on-air position with us, or if you are a seasoned ethnic announcer, please continue to read.
This is a special opportunity to join a brand-new radio station with a very large coverage area in Alberta.
· Responsible for hosting, operating and producing live on air shows, in your language.
· Prepare informative, entertaining and demographic appropriate content for on-air show.
· Manage our social media platforms while on-air, updating content from Alberta and around the world.
· Bring a knowledge of world events as they relate to the station’s ethnic audience.
· Perform commercial reads in your language for production purposes, as required.
· Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
· Minimum 1-3 years on air experience in radio.
· Excellent on-air skills.
· Excellent social media skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of our team.
· Passion for engaging with the local and provincial ethnic audiences (including in person, on the phone, in social media, etc.)
· Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Familiarity with Natural Log, DJB Zone On-Air, Audacity and Adobe Audio considered an asset.
Please apply by Friday, October 30 at 5pm, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls please.
Thank you to all applicants, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.