Full-time Airborne Traffic Reporter, Edmonton, AB
Canadian Traffic Network, CTN, is looking for an experienced traffic reporter/broadcaster in our Edmonton office.
This is an opportunity to be on-air on some of the cities top radio and TV stations….oh, and you would be doing that in your new “office” in the sky – flying over Edmonton in our Traffic Helicopter!
If you are self-motivated, detail oriented, dedicated, and of course talented polish up your CV and demo……Because we are looking for someone just like you!
Here’s what the job entails.
- Flying around the city spotting and reporting on Traffic in our Traffic Helicopter
- Preparing and presenting engaging andinformative live and live-recorded traffic reportson-air, on top rated radio and TV stations
- Monitoring traffic, road and transit conditions using numerous information resources including our traffic surveillance helicopter (we did mention the helicopter, right?)
Here’s what you need:
- Completion of a Post-secondary education in broadcasting and or journalism
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience on-air on a commercial radio or TV station. If thatexperience is in traffic and/or news reporting that is a bonus!
- Solid computer skills including knowledge of and experience with audio editing software and broadcasting technology
- An understanding of social media, it’s benefits and pitfalls
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Intrigued? Send CV/Resume and Mp3, Mp4 or on-line link to recent voice/video demo right away to email@example.com. No phone calls. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.