Full Time News Reporter/Anchor Position
Come work in the land of the midnight sun!
The Yukon’s #1 radio station (locally owned and operated for over 50 years) is hiring a full-time News Reporter/Anchor.
CKRW is looking for a bright, motivated individual with excellent communication skills to join our team.
Potential candidate will be working one on one with another reporter in the newsroom, they will practice effective communication with each other and management to ensure all pertinent local news is being covered.
CKRW The Rush’s news approach is local, local, local! Potential candidate should be community oriented and keen to immerse themselves in the city’s culture.
Reporter/News Anchor Responsibilities
• Research, gather and prepare compelling local and national news stories
• Edit voice clips in digital format
• Build newscasts using Burli Software
• Delivering daily live news and sports
• Post written stories to website daily
• Work closely and practice effective communication with other reporter
• Be prepared to cover unscheduled newsworthy events (I.e. fires, shootings, accidents, etc.)
• Cover the municipal and territorial government along with the territorial courts
• Attend press conferences
• Actively engage/monitor social media and other pertinent websites
• Willing to have a flexible schedule (I.e., working week ends)
• Ensure that all content is compliant with the regulations and laws of the CRTC and National NewsMedia Council and any other authority that has jurisdiction over the company
• Represent CKRW The Rush in a professional and respectful manner
• Desire to grow with our team and our company
• Protecting The Rush brand – respect the listener & represent the station and brand with integrity
• Occasional delivery of on-location broadcasts
• Board Operation, as needed.
• Other duties, as assigned by the General Manager/Programming Director
News Reporter/Anchor Skills and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in Radio Broadcasting or Journalism
• Experience working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background considered an asset
• Experience with Burli software
• Skilled in social media
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Ability to work under pressure, handle associated stress, and react quickly
• Excellent interpersonal, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Excellent organization and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
• Professional attitude and disposition towards colleagues and external clients
• Valid Drivers License/Vehicle
CKRW The Rush 96.1 FM offers a benefits package for permanent, full-time employees, which includes major medical, dental and vision.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and demo via email to:
Subject Line: News Reporter/Anchor