Host, Radio (English Services) - FRE00109
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Status of Employment: Contract, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC New Brunswick is looking for a dynamic host for Information Morning, Fredericton’s number-one rated daily talk radio program. You are insatiably curious, a natural storyteller with a passion for drawing information, stories and accountability out of interview subjects every day. You are passionate about New Brunswick and understand its people and linguistic communities. You bring curiosity but also something more: a demonstrated openness to diverse perspectives and ideas.
You understand how to use a full range of tones to create strong radio programming. You are enthusiastic about experimenting with talk formats and innovative story treatments.
As host, you will play a key role in helping us connect with, and grow, new audiences through the range of stories and perspectives presented on the program, as well as through regular community outreach and public events.
You live and promote the values of an inclusive and respectful work culture
Please note that this is a full time, one year contract position subject to review and renewal.
· Engaging, curious, spontaneous and authentic on-air personality.
· Wide range of genuine interests, knowledge and insight, reflecting curiosity in many current affairs topics, and an ability to make them relevant to existing and new audiences.
· Openness to diverse perspectives and ideas.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of, and/or connection to underrepresented communities across the listening area.
· Widely-read, knowledgeable and nuanced thinker.
· Strong writing skills.
· Exemplary journalistic skills, including interviewing, storytelling and critical thinking
· Demonstrably engaged, interested and immersed in a wide range of diverse experiences that make up Fredericton and surrounding communities.
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
· Ability to function independently and cooperatively in a small team setting while collaborating with other teams and units within CBC.
· Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
· Genuinely loves public outreach and is an enthusiastic ambassador of public broadcasting and the program.
· Knowledge of and creative ideas around the use of social media and digital platforms to connect with and grow audiences.
· Technical skills, including field recording and audio editing, are an asset.
· University degree or equivalent.
· At least five years of experience in journalism, reporting and/or hosting.
Please provide a cover letter and samples of on-air work. May be subject to an audition in English and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/609d1a29faf3f8dc940d2d93/55155cf112497d1f5916e365/en