A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced individual who is ready to break the biggest Indigenous investigative news stories for a national audience. Do you enjoy being in front of the camera and have a knack for building positive relationships? Does participating in deep research and high level TV production motivate you? If you said yes, this is the opportunity for you!
· Deliver on camera presentation of News and Current Affairs programs;
· Produce the highest quality news and current affairs shows;
· Develop content and participate in the production of the show segments;
· Take pride in maintaining APTN’s excellent reputation;
· Remain current on National issues relevant to Indigenous Peoples.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
· A diploma or certificate in a related discipline and proven relatable experience;
· Strong demonstrated experience in long-form investigative broadcast journalism;
· An understanding of Indigenous Culture and ability to articulate issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
· Exceptional verbal communication skills, coupled with the ability to share complex ideas;
· A valid driver’s license, as travel will be required from time to time.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today.Please apply before Wednesday, June 23, 2021