Division: News Delivery
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Ready to take a leadership position in Alberta’s top rated television newsroom? Do you have the editorial chops necessary to help lead a group of experienced journalists win the day’s news coverage? This job may offer you the challenge you have been looking for.
Corus Entertainment and Global News has an exciting Managing Editor opportunity available on its award-winning news team in Edmonton, joining our team of content managers to guide editorial content creation for news, sport and weather.
As Managing Editor, Global Edmonton, your duties will include, though are not limited to, the following:
· Guide the daily editorial direction of online, news, sports, and weather content.
· Advance strategies for short and long term news event planning.
· Contribute to strategic planning and competitive strategy.
· Perform performance reviews; assist with hiring, staff reassignment, and discipline.
· Create and maintain efficient staffing schedules.
· Generate opportunities for increased community interaction and support.
· Ensure Global News Principles and Practices are strictly adhered to.
What we need from you
· A post-secondary or university degree in broadcast or broadcast journalism.
· Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies and related applications.
· The successful candidate will excel in difficult assignments, and has proven initiative to get the job done.
· The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, an exceptional people person, and works well in a team environment.
· Our ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats and familiarity with online news reporting and where it’s headed.
At Corus, we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.