Position: (Full Time) Marketing & Promotions Director
Reports to: Program Director
Station(s) X92.9 / kraze 101.3 / X100.7
Application Deadline: July 16th, 2021
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
The last time this job was available, X92.9 wasn’t even on the air yet. Since then, the station has led the charge in how it markets itself, and more so in creating once in a lifetime experiences for its community. From weekends in Banff with two nights of private concerts for 400+ people, to surprise pop-up concerts on a moving a train, this position is meant for someone who not only likes to think outside the box but has the skillset to make it happen.
This job isn’t limited to just overseeing X92.9 either. The successful candidate will also oversee the programming and sales promotional needs of kraze 101.3 and X100.7 in Red Deer. (Don’t worry, you have two excellent co-ordinators to assist)
If you’re that someone who’s fun and creative enough to come up with amazing station promotions and events plus, is organized and disciplined enough to execute them properly, then this is the gig for you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Work closely with the programming and sales to develop brand focused promotion and marketing strategies.
· Assist in establishing and working within an annual promotional budget
· Create and execute on-air and online promotions and contesting
· Create, coordinate and execute station events
· Oversee and update station web site and social media content
· Hire, train, and lead station street teams.
· Manage prize inventory and Promotional/PSA airtime inventory
· Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
· Creative and can think outside the box enough to not say the term ‘think outside the box’
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong leadership skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point and bonus points if you’ve worked with either RadioPromoHub and/or SoCast
· Digital and social media savvy
· Graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) skills a definite asset
· Previous or current experience in a Promotions department as a director.
· A positive, creative and innovative attitude
· A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Valid driver's license (provide a current drivers abstract)
· A love for getting out in the community and meeting and greeting our listeners first-hand
Please send your resume, cover letter and whatever else you think will get you the job to:
VP Brands and Content
Harvard Broadcasting Calgary
Please put “Marketing and Promotions Director” in your subject title.
Harvard Broadcasting Inc. values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity