Midday Show Host (1 Year Maternity Contract)
94.3 CKSY has an opportunity for you to become a member of Chatham-Kent’s most listened to radio station!
As the Midday Show Host, you’ll be a companion to our listeners during their workday. Your content will need to be fun, with a warm delivery that will stand out during their busy workday. Your job is to be a nice break from the stress of their day.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Host the Midday Show Monday – Friday on 94.3 CKSY
• Be relevant and entertaining to our target audience
• Become a part of the communities we serve
• Be available for remotes and special events, which will sometimes include weekends and evenings
• Voicetrack a weekend show, and other shifts as needed
• Daily out of market voicetracks
• Have a passion for creating live, local radio.
• Understand that show prep is not just skimming websites, it is all around you and happens all the time
• Voicetracking for other markets within our company as required
• Daily voicing of commercials/promos
• Posting unique and compelling content to our website/social media pages daily
• Know how to use phone calls and texts to include the listeners in the show
• Responsible for daily music log scheduling and reconciling.
• Assist with uploading syndicated shows daily/weekly.
• Minimum 2 Years radio experience
• Knowledge of the Hot AC Format
• A valid Class G Driver’s License
• Good Computer and Organizational Skills
• Ability to be self motivated and work as part of a team
• Knowledge of Media Touch, Music Master, Adobe Audition, Newsroom 4.5, VoxPro, and Wordpress would be an asset.
This Maternity position will be a one (1) year contract beginning September 6, 2022. To apply, send us your resume and demo no later than June 24, 2022to firstname.lastname@example.org with Midday Show Host CKSY in the subject line. Only those candidates who are qualified will be contacted.
Blackburn Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified Men, Women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.