Stingray Radio – Edmonton, Alberta
Morning Co-Host CFCW
The legendary 840 CFCW is looking for a Co-Host to join Stella Stevens on CFCW Mornings. Since 1954, Canada’s first full time Country Music Station has dominated the Alberta landscape. With its dedication to community, agriculture and country music, it’s an extremely unique radio station.
Broadcasting from studios at West Edmonton Mall, you’ll be part of team that has been a recent multiple “Station of the Year” winner at the CCMA Awards and Country Music Alberta Awards.
Interested? Then here’s what you need to be able to do:
· Get to know an audience that is extremely loyal.
· Have a solid knowledge of country music and the demographic.
· Demonstrate and maintain a high level of creativity.
· Ability to perform at a high level on social media channels, actively posting relevant and engaging information.
· Commercial voice over and voice tracking shifts as required.
· Make promotional appearances, host events, remotes, and attend station events as required.
· Attend and participate in meetings and creative brainstorms.
· Take responsibility to ensure efficient and timely execution of duties as directed.
· Detail oriented: attention to detail and self-organization is essential!
· Previous on-air experience.
· Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (i.e. you know how to clearly communicate with and engage the social media audience in 140 characters or less).
· Highly energetic, outgoing, and eager to work with an already strong morning show.
· Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and passion to win.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment under minimal supervision.
· A valid full driver’s licence and clean driving record is mandatory.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
1. Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: https://forms.office.com/r/BkkZVEeMAS
2. And then send us your resume & demo to Jackie Rae Greening at email@example.com
Submissions deadline: January 28, 2024
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.