Morning Show Host
Blackburn Media Inc is looking for the next great morning show host in Windsor, Ontario! As the host of Windsor’s-Essex’s #1 Country station, the successful applicant will:
● Be passionate about radio, and capable of bringing unique, creative and innovative content and ideas to all areas of our country brand, on-air and off.
● Plan and organize a show that is locally focused but never bland, with the skill to identify local human interest stories and the local topics/ issues that affect the day-to-day of your listeners
● Emotionally connect with and engage listeners on-air, demonstrating a keen understanding of the country-listening demographic and lifestyle
● Understand how to market the morning show externally through social and digital media, and community, to promote and grow listenership and the overall brand
● Aid in log scheduling and facilitating new music adds, based on pre-established strategies
● Prepare and deliver a fun, upbeat, personality-driven, locally-connected morning show daily, geared towards A25-54, with strong online presence
● Drive social media and digital content for the morning show and overall brand
● Voice commercials and promos daily
● Attend functions, participate in station promotions and make live appearances on behalf of the station, as required
● Voice track other shows, in-market and out-of-market, when necessary
● Aid in scheduling daily logs and facilitating new music adds, based on pre-established programming strategies
● Minimum of 2 years on-air experience; music scheduling experience an asset
● Must be able to connect and engage with a A25-54 audience
● Working knowledge of MediaTouch, Music Master, Adobe Audition is an asset
● Be visible in the community, willing to meet listeners, and available to host on-site promotions and community events as required
● Be social media-savvy and connect with listeners on all platforms; strong skills generating original content both on-air, and utilizing multimedia content
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong organizational and multitasking skills
● Must have a team-first attitude, and be positive and friendly both on-air and in the workplace. Must demonstrate ability to organize materials, meet deadlines, and work accurately
● Valid G Class Driver’s license and a good driving record
This is a salaried position with benefits and pension.
To apply, please submit a resume and demo to email@example.com with the subject line Windsor Morning Host.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, November 24th, 2023.
Blackburn Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourage applications from qualified individuals and genders, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the recruitment process on a confidential basis.