NOW RECRUITING FOR MORNING NEWS ANCHOR – 93.3 myFM and Classic Rock 107.9 in Cobourg/Port Hope, ON and gonorthumberland.ca
In a shrinking media landscape, My Broadcasting Corporation still believes in and invests in LOCAL. Would you like to join one of the largest and fastest growing radio teams in the country? My Broadcasting Corporation, ranked by Profit Magazine as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies, is looking to add dedicated, talented and professional broadcasters to our team. The successful candidate will go above and beyond to be a local news leader and will live and be active in our community.
· Write and voice AM news for 93.3 myFM, Classic Rock 107.9 and other MBC markets
· Web publishing to MBC Media websites and social media posts
· Operate on-air board, automation program, and studio equipment
· Represent the station at Community events as a reporter or Emcee
· Attend community events and conduct interviews for news stories
· Attention to detail and commitment to ensuring news content is factual
· Other related duties as assigned by general manager, group news director or group program director
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
· Excellent news writing skills.
· Strong audio editing and board operation skills.
· Experience covering municipal councils and local news conferences preferred.
· Working knowledge of Wavepad, Adobe Audition and Wireready programs an asset.
· Highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to remain calm and focused when the pace becomes very fast.
· Valid driver’s license (driver’s abstract requested).
Interested in having some fun and making a commitment to the objectives noted above?
Applicants are invited to forward resume, audio & writing samples, social media posts by Thursday April 1 to:
Jordan Mercier, Group News Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Mise, VP Content & Regional GM
Email address: email@example.com
MBC values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity. http://myfmradio.ca