Position: (Full Time) Morning News Anchor
Reports to: News Director
Station(s) 620 CKRM
Application Deadline August 1st, 2022
There’s always another story to tell, another angle to take, and another layer to peel back.
That’s what gets you up in the morning ready to take on the day. You will be the first every day to inform our listeners about what is happening in their world.
620 CKRM “The Voice of Saskatchewan” is looking for a versatile team player to join our News Team in the capacity of Morning News Anchor/Reporter. If you’re curious with your questions, confident in voicing them and know how to cut through the spin to the REAL story, we want to hear from you. Our singular focus is on the stories which affect our listeners both in Regina and across Southern Saskatchewan. You know how to find the stories between the lines on Press Releases, and how to work the phones and foster a network of contacts to bring relevant content into the cycle. It takes the whole team pulling together to deliver a timely product and keep the funnel full.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Report on breaking news stories as they occur across Southern Saskatchewan.
· Actively contribute and suggest story ideas.
· Prepare and anchor news, sports and agriculture packages as scheduled and during vacation or shift relief.
· Attend news conferences, RM meetings, City Council, Legislature, and other press events as scheduled, condensing and writing locally relevant news stories from the information gathered.
· Source and write local and regional news stories through established contacts and all other available sources.
· Post and update social media feeds and station website with relevant content through the life of a story.
· Monitor social media and emergency services feeds for potential news sources.
· Localize regional, national, and internationally trending stories for our listening audience.
· Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with KLZ Newsroom
· Graduate of a recognized broadcast news or journalism program with a minimum of 2 years experience in a radio newsroom
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Self-starter that takes direction
· Strong multi-tasking ability
· Team player that thrives in a busy, collaborative environment
· Familiarity with social media and formatting stories for online distribution
· Curiosity and the ability to ask "the next question"
· Flexible schedule
· Must have a valid driver's license and provide a current drivers abstract
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
Send your resume & demo to:
Andrew Dawson, News Director 620 CKRM
Harvard Media Inc. Regina
The Wolf / CKRM / Play 92
Please put “Morning News Anchor/Reporter” in your subject title.
Harvard Media Inc. values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity