This is a Full Time position in Bellingham, WA
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off 403b Retirement Plan
KWPZ/PRAISE 106.5 has a rare opening for another team member on the morning show. A significant percentage of PRAISE 106.5's listeners live, work and play in Canada's third-largest market, Vancouver, BC. PRAISE 106.5 studios, are located 20 miles south of the border, in Bellingham, Washington—a young, vibrant city with easy access to outdoor recreation in the San Juan Islands and North Cascades. Because it’s so unique, this position may be a fit for both American and Canadian broadcasters, so let’s talk.
If you're fun-loving, creative, and passionate about making people's lives better, and you love the Lord, then we'd like to get to know you. We're putting together a show that is joyful, encouraging, and full of life, and you might be just who we're looking for. You need to be a hard worker, willing to share your faith from a place of vulnerability (the light shines out through the cracks), willing to put listeners first, and to be a mountain-climber, not a beach walker. Able to accept coaching, innovative, and social media savvy.
POSITION SUMMARY The Professional Voice Talent is responsible for communicating and connecting with the audience across a wide range of demographics and cultural backgrounds, which will translate into successful ratings. Be personable on air and in person at broadcast functions. Possess general knowledge of microphones, broadcast boards, telephone recording systems, commercial voicing software and audio delivery systems. Employ directives of the KWPZ/KCMS Program Director and be open to coaching. Based in Bellingham, Washington and the broadcast signal covers southwest British Columbia and northwest Washington State.
Personality bits on the air:
· Liners on the air
· Song ramps on the air
· Interviews & misc.
· Tracking weekend shows
2. Responsible for successful implementation of daily and weekly syndicated and voice-tracked shows 3. Spot and imaging production as needed 4. Other duties as assigned
· Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
· Agreement to pursue a lifestyle on and off the job that is consistent with CRISTA’s mission, compatible with historical biblical standards of morality and that reflects the message, mission and character of Jesus Christ.
· Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Statement of faith.
· Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
EDUCATION High School Diploma
· Three years Major Market (Markets 1-25) experience (any format).
· Five years large/medium market experience (any format) with proven and consistent ratings success.
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
· Zetta or similar audio delivery
· Adobe Edition audio software
· Vox Pro telephone hardware/software
· Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Explorer, Outlook, etc.)
· Dependable and punctual with regard to attendance.
· A working knowledge of written and oral communication skills.
EDUCATION Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
· Commercial Christian radio experience or non-commercial Christian radio experience.
· Three years Major Market (Markets 1-25) experience (any format) with proven and consistent ratings success.