Position: (Full Time) Morning Show Drive Co-Host/News Reader
Reports to: Program Director
Station Mix 103.7
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Application Deadline: October 16, 2023
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
Mix 103.7, Fort McMurray's most engaging radio station, is on the lookout for our next Morning Show Drive Co-Host/News Reader. This presents an exceptional opportunity to join a station deeply connected to the community and actively involved in all its major events. You now have the chance to craft captivating, locally relevant, and entertaining content for your audience while establishing your personal brand in one of Canada's most diverse and vibrant markets. But let's be clear, this role isn't for just any radio announcer. It's a position where your commitment to excellence matters every day, whether you're in the studio or out in the community. You'll serve as a brand ambassador at local events as much as when you're behind the mic during each break.
If you're prepared to lead the content charge on every front, we're eager to hear from you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare & deliver an engaging & entertaining program 5:30am -10am Monday-Friday.
• Able to write and voice news casts.
• Station appearances, remotes and events as required.
• Daily digital content on multiple platforms.
• Voice track when required and/or necessary.
• Voice commercials as assigned by the Production Department.
• Execute on-air promotions.
• Create entertaining Podcasts.
• Be a tireless brand ambassador for Mix 103.7
• Any other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Unbridled creativity.
• Superior show prep skills.
• Digital media ninja with on camera abilities.
• Wide Orbit, Music Master, Frankly, and Futuri knowledge is an asset.
• An unrelenting hunger to win.
• People like you.
• 1 year of on-air experience.
• News writing and reading an asset.
• Must be able to communicate effectively during the show and when attending events.
• Have the ability to interact with clients in the community.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Play nice in the sandbox.
Please send your resume & Demo to:
Craig Picton, Program Director
Harvard Media Fort McMurray
Please put “Morning Show Co-Host” in your subject title.
Harvard Broadcasting Inc. values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity