Job Title: Multi-Platform Writer, CTV News Toronto, Bell Media
Req Id: 276994
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
CTV News Toronto is growing its team of journalists. We are looking to hire an experienced journalist who is excited about delivering the news across multiple platforms, and thrives in a breaking news environment. Writing quickly and accurately is essential to the job, as is strong news judgement. The successful candidate is experienced in writing and delivering radio newscasts, understands the power of sound and video, and is fluent in social media – working daily and hourly to generate original stories and accompanying content across all platforms.
· The writer will be responsible for writing clear, concise, accurate and interesting hourly radio newscasts, that include complementary audio clips, and at times will voice the radio newscasts
· Ensure the accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards of all material they are responsible for
· Pitch ideas for original reporting, with an eye for execution across multiple platforms
· Monitoring wires, internal and external news sources, and broadcast feeds for the most up to date information, while keeping SEO key words and social sharing top of mind
· Managing multiple social media streams for news (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others) and when required, sending news alerts to mobile apps
· Multi-platform writing with a focus on radio writing
· Weekend and early morning/evening shifts as assigned
· Participate in news editorial meetings
· Degree in Journalism
· Five years radio news experience, writing and voicing radio newscasts
· Must have an excellent command of the English language and the ability to write accurate and engaging copy
· Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
· Must be familiar with Canadian Press Style Guide and Canadian libel law
· Experience copy editing and proofreading written content
· Experience audio editing
· Experience with news systems (e.g. iNews, Polopoly, Burli) is an asset
· An understanding of Toronto and the GTA, their communities and politics
· An attitude that acknowledges the news industry continues to evolve and a demonstrated buy-in of modern news gathering and delivery techniques
· Radio demo that includes samples of several newscasts
· Job status: Regular – Full time
· Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Weekend and early morning/evening shifts as assigned. Overtime as required
· Location: 9 Channel Nine Court, Toronto
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 02/19/2021
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto