Multimedia News Reporter
Acadia Broadcasting is a growing media company with radio stations in Atlantic Canada and Northwestern Ontario. In each of our markets, our company focuses on being the community’s local voice for entertainment, news, and events.'
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Multimedia News Reporter to join our regional news team in New Brunswick. The successful candidate would have the option to work out of our Moncton or Saint John locations.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about storytelling, with a diverse set of
digital and broadcast journalism skills. Our newsroom moves fast, so our reporters must be able to adapt quickly, and have a demonstrated mastery in social media and multimedia news gathering.
Here’s what you will be doing:
• Minimum of three stories per day for broadcast and web
• Researching and writing both local, provincial, and national news stories
• Preparing stories for broadcast that are 35-40 seconds in length
• Creating web stories for our websites and social media platforms
• Continuously seeking multimedia storytelling opportunities, while covering events that will
enhance our coverage and content across all platforms
• Will part of a rotational weekend on-call schedule
• Working with a team of news professionals and providing backup for writing and anchoring as needed
Here’s what we are looking for:
• Someone with strong interviewing, writing, and editing skills
• An understanding and proficiency in distributing content through social media channels
• Someone who thrives on establishing and maintaining positive relationships in the community by attending events, community meetings, and other public appearances
• A self-starter who can be flexible and adapt to changing priorities on the fly, including breaking news outside regular office hours
• A Journalism or Digital Media diploma, or equivalent relevant experience
• Knowledge and experience with industry software including Burli and WideOrbit would be
considered an asset
• A valid driver’s license
What you will receive:
• A compensation and benefits package which includes flexible health, dental coverage options, and life insurance
• An annual Health Spending Account (HAS)
• A company matched retirement savings plan
• A Fitness Reimbursement Program
• Access for your immediate family in our excellent Employee and Family Assistance Program.
• Our reporters will also be provided with a company issued iPhone and laptop.
We strive to be the best radio station and employer in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence.
Now we want to hear from you!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume, at least three writing samples and links to your demos.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disabilit