for FPR Radio
First Peoples Radio, (FPR) is looking for a Music Director to join the 95.7 ELMNT-FM team in Ottawa. The successful candidate will be responsible for procuring, uploading, scheduling, organizing, researching and promoting the music that will be aired on First Peoples Radio.
• Builds and maintains relationships between FPR and key stakeholders within the music industry;
• Develops and determines the content of daily music logs and music requirements for FPR Toronto and Ottawa stations;
• Gathers weekly music research for Indigenous, Cancon and foreign songs in a pop/hip/alt-pop format;
• Utilizes Music Master Software to build and adjust clocks, ensures optimal rule tree utilization, maximizes various software tools to ensure top quality music logs are generated daily;
• Works closely with Marketing to ensure promotion of FPR’s music;
• Represents ELMNT-FM at concerts, conferences and other events relevant to the station’s music;
• Coordinates station visits with artists for performances and interviews with the Station Manager and other programming staff, as needed;
• Accurately merges daily and weekend music logs with the Traffic Manager;
• Works with the music committee to determine new songs to add and drop from the active playlist;
• Researches Indigenous artists that fit FPR’s format using a variety of sources;
• Uses programs like DMDS, Play MPE and more to procure new music for the station;
• Produces voice track content.
Requirements and Experience:
• A degree /diploma in a relevant discipline and 2-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Previous experience as a Music Director or Music Assistant;
• Experience with an Indigenous organization and culture is an asset;
• Experience with ‘Music Master’ software and its key functions including; scheduling, building clocks, collaborating the rule tree and more;
• Broad knowledge of contemporary music styles (Pop, Hip Hop/ Soul/R & B/ Alt-pop) is required;
• Proficiency with Wide Orbit Automation system and affiliated programs (Playlist Editor, Audio Finder);
• Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business related computer software is required.
Please email your application by December 7, 2020 to Matthew Bisson at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file FPR – 0006.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment - all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.