Moose FM in Fort St. John, B.C., has an exciting opportunity for a news/sports reporter for our radio station Moose FM and website energeticcity.ca
As one of only a handful of independently owned and operated radio stations left in Canada, Moose FM is a great place to start your career.
Join our team and help us cover the news and sports that matter to this growing and vibrant community.
We are looking for someone to push our local news and sports coverage even further in Fort St. John on both our radio station Moose FM and our website energeticcity.ca.
A reporter today needs to be someone who can monitor Twitter and Facebook and work the phones and contacts to write stories from our region. This is a fast-paced environment as we want to be the go-to people for news in our community.
To fill this position we need you to be:
• Informed, interested, enthusiastic and engaged.
• You must be someone who can find the news and understand even the little stories deserve the same coverage as the big stories.
• Ability to generate, write, and deliver news stories, sports and weather focusing
• primarily on local and regional events and information
• You need to be a great writer, who can summarize even the most difficult stories.
• You need to be able to work with Twitter, Facebook and our Website.
• You need to be great with a camera to help capture those news stories as they happen.
• And you must understand that news doesn’t happen only between 9 and 5.
• You must be committed to charitable work and community involvement.
• Write stories for our website energeticcity.ca and Moose FM.
• Read the afternoon news on Moose FM.
• Research and post at least five stories a day.
• Have a positive attitude and be willing to roll with the punches.
• Fill in as needed in other areas of the news department.
• Previous on-air experience is an asset.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
The deadline to apply was yesterday, so send your resume, mp3 demo and a few writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Fort St. John, B.C.