News Anchor / Reporter - Global News Radio (640 Toronto)
Corus Quay, 25 Dockside Dr, Toronto, ON M5A 1B6, Canada
● Toronto, ON, Canada Req #3226
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our culture and our people are what make us, US.
We have a passion to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Our award-winning culture is an expression of who we are, what we do, and how we thrive. Our values describe our culture in action. They outline how we achieve our goals, work together, engage with partners, and interact in our communities. At Corus, we Win Together, Think Beyond, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day and Show We Care. Ready to join US?
Internal Title: Anchor, Senior - NewsDivision: Toronto Radio - 640 TorontoWork Status: Full-TimeLocation: Toronto, ON - Corus Quay (Onsite)
About the role:640 Toronto is looking for a full-time News Anchor/Reporter to join their team, based out of the Corus Quay office in Toronto. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate will share great stories through voicers and talk show opportunities – then shift gears to anchor weekend Ontario newscasts simulcast for 640 Toronto, 900CHML Hamilton and 980CFPL London. This role provides exposure for talent on both a local and national scale. This position will require regularly working weekends and may involve a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings, late nights, and holidays as needed.
You will contribute by:
• Anchoring weekend newscasts for Global News simulcast for 640 Toronto, 900 CHML Hamilton, and 980 CFPL London
• Reporting through voicers, features, and talk show interview opportunities from the desk or in the field
• Gathering and producing original content of local and/or national interest
• Conducting interviews with newsmakers
• Sourcing audio from interviews and press conferences
• Coordinating news, stories and lineups within tight timelines
• Repackaging television and digital content for radio
• Promoting radio news content on social media and exploring content for our podcast
• Monitoring competition, researching and following-up on story ideas
• Backfilling as a morning, afternoon, or evening anchor, reporter, or other newsroom roles as needed
• Performing other duties as required
Skills and experience you will bring:
• Previous work experience as an anchor or reporter required, preferably in radio or television
• Strong news judgement for stories that matter to our audiences
• Exceptional news writing, news delivery, and storytelling skills
• Proven ability to gather and disseminate news in a timely and accurate manner
• Digital and social media expertise, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Passion for news and talk radio
• Flexible and adaptable to cover other newsroom roles when needed
• The ability to work collaboratively in a team atmosphere
• A positive, friendly manner – approaching challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
• Strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Above average computer skills
• Knowledge of Burli is an asset
• Submit your resume with a link to your demo of reporting/newscast content on our Corus website: https://can231.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/corusent/Site/CORUS/Posting/View/13176
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Every day, we work hard to become an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that supports the well-being of our people and makes a positive difference in our communities. Want to learn more? Have a look at our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan and Sustainability Report for more information on our approach to People, Planet and Responsibility.
We want our workforce to reflect the full diversity of communities across Canada. We are committed to providing an accessible experience for candidates of all abilities. Please let your recruiter or the hiring manager know if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or email us in confidence at email@example.com.