NEW Listowel-based radio station 100.1 CHLP has an exciting full-time opportunity for an enthusiastic, community driven, broadcast journalist who will also serve as our morning show co-host. The hyper-local radio station is set to launch this September and is looking for a Morning News Announcer and Morning Show Co-Host.
If you have a passion for working in your community, are driven to know what’s relevant, and are hard-working while understanding the importance of initiative, we would like to hear from you.
This position allows you the unique experience of helping launch a brand new radio station and being a part of the company from the ground up.
100.1 CHLP is locally owned and operated in Southwestern Ontario and is the latest station set to launch for Five Amigos Broadcasting Incorporated. (99.1 CKXS in Wallaceburg, ON and 103.1 CJBB in New Liskeard, ON)
Here are a few other important attributes we are looking for:
• Ability to generate, write, and read news stories, weather, and sports focusing primarily on local and regional events and information
• Understand the need to generate content in a timely fashion for online and social media promotion
• Establish positive relationships with a wide variety of key community individuals
• Attend news conferences, on-location broadcasts and public appearances as required
• Strong telephone and interview skills
• Be hard working with a flexible schedule
• Drive and determination to constantly learn, evolve and lead
• Be comfortable with the on-air morning show for bits and shared information
• Other related duties as assigned by General Manager, Operations Manager or News Director
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Experience or Education in broadcasting/journalism field preferred
• Excellent news writing skills
• Strong audio editing and production/board op skills
• Knowledge of computer software such as Adobe Audition and iMediaTouch an asset
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Valid driver’s license
ADDITIONAL INFO RE: POSITION
• Full time hours – 40 per week
• Full-time benefits after 6 months of full-time employment
• Profit sharing options for all FAB Inc employees
• Terrific opportunity for growth
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a resume, writing samples and audio demo by e-mail to Jay Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org