News Editor Presenter, Early Mornings (English Services) - VAN00923
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Vancouver
Status of Employment: Permanent, Part-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Vancouver is looking for an experienced News Editor/Presenter to lead our weekend morning radio newscasts. This is a permanent part-time opportunity currently scheduled early mornings on Saturday and Sunday.
You are a key member of the weekend news team and will play an integral editorial and leadership role in preparing and presenting the daily news. You must be an exceptional journalist and leader and thrive in the fast-paced, high-pressure world of breaking news. You will understand the diverse and changing communities in Metro Vancouver as well as British Columbia, and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
· Demonstrated understanding and awareness of issues and events particular to British Columbia and to daily news.
· Demonstrated connection to and understanding of the diverse and underrepresented communities of Metro Vancouver specifically and BC as a whole
· Excellent reporting, interviewing, and writing skills.
· Ability to generate original story ideas and creative treatments.
· Engaging on-air presence.
· Strong presentation style and ease with live, on-air work.
· Ability to present material with credibility and authority in a range of situations including live events and breaking news.
· Ability to self-operate a studio audio board during a live newscast.
· Ability to quickly cut audio clips from a variety of audio and video sources.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and deadlines, reacting quickly to changing priorities and breaking news.
· Strong interpersonal and team playing skills.
· Strong desire to live and promote the values of diversity and inclusive and respectful work culture.
· Creative, flexible, and self-motivated.
· Journalism degree or equivalent preferred.
· Four years of comparable and relevant experience that demonstrates knowledge of the broadcasting industry preferred.
· Ability to work a variety of shifts including early starts, late finishes, and weekends.
Please include additional documentation or a link to your online demo or website, blog, or video in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/60a52a9ee9e1a80518c3b94e/55155cf112497d1f5916e365/en