Moose FM/Energeticcity.ca is expanding its news coverage, and we are looking for the right person to help lead our team. This is a new position. In the past, the job was covered by myself, the station owner.
The right person for this position will help our team cover local news from Fort St. John and the B.C. Peace. We need someone that lives and breathes news and, most importantly, local news.
Energeticcity.ca is a community leader in breaking news, and we need someone to help us maintain that every day. You need to be someone always looking for local news and story ideas.
You must also be a self-starter and have the ability to help create great online content that can also be modified for use on daily radio newscasts.
Moose FM/Energeticcity.ca is locally owned and operated, which gives us the freedom to create the best content possible for our community.
● Supervise all Moose FM radio news programming and any extra news programming like our weekly talk show.
● Run daily editorial meetings and assign stories throughout the day.
● Oversee and help edit and proof our stories for community news website Energeticcity.ca.
● Help create extra news coverage for special events like elections and community meetings.
● Train, coach, and mentor all news staff.
● Cover meetings, local events, and seasonal activities/beat as schedule allows.
● Work on-call as needed for breaking news.
● Comfortable reporting in both video and print formats.
● Experience with website content management systems.
● Streamline news processes for efficient newsroom workflow and training.
● Some on-call work will be required pending breaking news and community events. Some evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Must be social media and computer savvy.
● Valid driver's licence and vehicle.
If you're interested in making a move to Fort St. John, send us a resume and copies of your past work as a reporter.